We were approached to build out a way for users to have collapsible sections on these node types called content.  The paragraphs module was a perfect fit for this solution 

Here are the modules used

Paragraph Bundle HTML block

So due to my strange new hobby of Grean Bean, I have this green screen and I decided that it was time to update my ten year old linked in picture with an exciting background. I then grew up and 

I followed these great insturctions here to get the job done quick.

I started up the migration again preperation again after some much needed time off.

The UNESCO folks have everything they need, so we are free to proceed with the migration  

Things seem to go along quite more smooth. The last time I had attepmted this was when Drupal 8 was on version 8.1. Now we are on 8.4

I just attempted a straight migration using the following syntax in my command

drush migrate-upgrade --legacy-db-url=mysql://drupaluser:@ --legacy-root=http:/site-namel.dd:8083 


Here is the presentation I made for Drupal Gov Con.

It was pretty fun talking to a full room, plus I had Steve Musial as a floating head on an ipad smiling out at the audience and PPPA volunteers Weiling and Anika in the audience.

Attached are materials from my presentation that I've Presented in DC, New York, San Fransico and Balitmore. The first is Power Point File with presentation and the second is a feature module which can be installed against an installation of Drupal 7 core

I was approached today to hide a table column when a certain item type was being displayed .For our purposes lets call them guitars and drums

As part of the table, I was looping through an array to print out a list of links.to different types of guitars. For Drums, I didn't need that column

The variable we'll call, $instrument_type

First lets just look at the loop

I had this issue last week, my boss came to me and me to split up the fields between two separate tabs on a template file.

The extra challenge was that we could not edit the module and only the .tpl file.

I decided to write out two html tabs and specify a query in the link

<?php // here is the code for making tabs?>

The conditional rules module - https://drupal.org/project/rules_conditional

Instead of having several Rules fire on one trigger, why not have 1 Rule pick from several components and save your system a performance hit. This will make your Drupal site run faster and make your rules much easier to read for the next developer coming in from behind, and believe me, that will make you some friends.

Lets look at recent situation where we had to consolidate several rules generating message entities

The Rules Link module saved my day last week. I was building out a CRM solution for a medium sized government contractor.

Here were the requirements

  • Users need  button to create a Commerce Order from a User Account page.
  • System needs to be maintained by Site Builder

The Rules Link module creates a new entity called a rules link entity The entity can be attached toa user or one of several entities and the link can be moved around via the manage display tab.